Saturday, May 17, 2014

For The First Time

The first official week of holidays flew by so fast I barely had enough time to slow down to capture the moments.

Had an interview with TSA wines, a beer and wine distribution company on Monday. Accompanied bby to the polyclinic in the morning to get her referral for wisdom teeth extraction first before travelling down to the city for the interview together. It went rather well I guess. Headed back to CCK to meet le parents for a belated mother's day dinner.



Tuesday was Vesak Day and I met my bball dudes for a lunch before adjourning to Smurf's house for our last Yaniv session before he departs. Was pretty fun but was pretty unlucky as well I lost both rounds and had to treat the guys to free drinks and ice cream at Mcdonald's. Went home for dinner with le family.

Spent Wednesday saying goodbye to my room in Hall X and moving all my stuff back to my home in Gombak. Super appreciate bby's effort in helping me with all the stuff and for not complaining a single time even though the weather was so freaking hot and the stuff were pretty heavy. Met the soccer clique for Korean food at timah for dinner after that.


Thursday was our trip to River Safari. This trip had long been planned, you could say it was on my to-do list since it opened but I had always wanted to wait till it was fully finished and the insane crowds had died down before spending $25 to enter.


Awesomely, it did not disappoint. All the exhibits were very nicely laid out and the safari wasn't crowded and pretty peaceful. Because me and bby were so smart, we walked the opposite of the general direction to avoid the crowd which turned out pretty well too!



Closest we've been to fake pandas.



 Closest we've been to real pandas.


 Matching Tattoos. :D

  I have no idea how I agreed to this photo.
 On the boat ride!



 Posey posey! :D










 Some cute animals including wild polar bear. The fish looks like it came from "How To Train A Dragon"

 Last selfie of the day!

Had lots and lots of fun! Spent a whopping 6 hours at the safari!! HAHA #cheapotourists

Such days make me so thankful to have bby in my life.

Friday I basically spent my entire day nua-ing at home. Decided to do some marketing and cook dinner for le parents that night. It wasn't really good since I haven't cooked for awhile but le parents gave me face and still finished all my crappy tasteless food. Caught Godzilla at Westmall with quan, ozy and cang after.


Trying my hand at cooking once again since Sweden.

I guess the entire theme of the week was just focusing on where our futures lie, our aspirations for the next step of our lives and ways to work towards that goal. After much thought, I decided to turn down the internship with TSA. But that night while I was showering, the best compromise hit me. I could still sell the beer, just without the bad stuff that accompanies it! I guess this week I've also learnt lessons in coping as a couple. 60-60. I believe we can do it.

I have long been wanting to try my hands at start-ups. The concept of start-ups involve difficult beginnings and lots of time investment but after it becomes stable a start-up is simple to maintain and can continually provide a stable source of income. I always believe that one should try, and should they fail, they takeaway the experience.

Monday, I take the first step into this little pet project of mine. It's time to learn.



-RomE
the sea said goodbye to the shore
so the sun wouldn't notice.

No comments: