Monday, April 07, 2014

"I'm leaving. Do you have anything to say to me?"

I stood there. My feet rooted to the ground.

"Say something,"

My brain screamed at me: "Don't let her leave, tell her you still love her, grab her, do whatever it takes to make her stay!"

I opened my mouth but no words escaped. There were a million things I wanted to say to her, to tell her how beautiful she is, to let her know how much she meant to me, to hold her and never let go. I couldn't. She deserved better. I had to slay the green monster inside of me, I couldn't be the selfish jerk I was before. She had changed me, but because I had changed, I couldn't make her stay with me anymore. No more lies, no more deceit. I bolstered my resolve, this time I wouldn't make the same mistake and have her pay for it again.

I watched the teardrops roll down her cheeks as she looked away.

I let her go.

I watched as the door slammed behind her with a bang. There was silence. It was like I was transported to another universe, where noise could not travel in vacuum. My ears couldn't pick up any sound from the moment she turned away. The impact of the door was deathly silence.

She will recover from the hurt eventually and probably find true happiness elsewhere. She had tried to make me her source of happiness. Tried too hard, tried for too long. I couldn't be.

She takes a final glance at the house she had lived in for awhile now.

"I'm giving up on you."

Say Something - A Great Big World

-RomE
disclaimer: nothing to do with my life right now. i am perfectly in love and happy with my gf. just liked the song enough to write my emotions while listening to it.

1 comment:

Stareyna said...

This actually made my hair stood for awhile.