Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Random act of bravery.

We were trudging along the jungles of Brunei, tired from the relentless walking and elements. Along with our standard items, we had to bring along smoke grenades as well in case of hornet attacks. I carried one of them and the other I passed to Jianfu, my second grenade launcher guy.

All of sudden, I could hear Jianfu calling for my help. Apparently, the safety had come loose on his smoke grenade and it had begun to spew out smoke. I rushed over and helped him take out his IBA and throw it aside to ensure it didn't burn him. Jianfu was in such a panic mode he didn't even know what to do but to shout for my help.

Alas, the IBA was quite burnt and the entire pouch where the grenade was supposed to be in was completely burnt off. I wasn't sure if he had kept the IBA on if it would have injured him but I was happy that we didn't have to find out.

And did they give me a shiny medal or coin for this act?

Not a single fuck was given.

And they gave a coin to some random dude who doesn't do shit for us and steals our food in bunk for wayang-ing his way through the mission.

#army

1 comment:

Visit Vila Fames said...

Efficiently composed data. It will be important to everybody who utilizes it, including myself. Much appreciated
Buy electric guitar