Tuesday, October 06, 2015

"He has to leave soon."

I didn't comprehend who said it or where he was going but I knew he had to leave.

What was left was an old man, probably an image of what was left of his soul through the years. I asked him a few questions but he could not seem to comprehend what I was saying, instead giving me answers that were related but not correct.

Mom and dad were there too, dad shook his hand while mom told me to pay my last respects to him.

He sat on a chair and I bowed to him, wishing him a happy and long life ahead. And as I bowed, I felt tears rolling down my cheek. I knew I wasn't praying to someone else, I was just thanking him for everything.

I knew he was already gone many years ago and I wondered what a touch would feel like. Nonetheless, we shared a hug and then I awoke.

The dream felt so surreal, I wiped away tears from eyes. It was the first time I had ever woken up like this.

Goodbye, grandpa.

No comments: