Monday, August 31, 2015

Manchester United has not been what it has been for me ever since Sir Alex Ferguson left.

Last night while I caught the match against Swansea at home with my dad, it felt like I was watching a complete different team. No doubt they were wearing the same logo, at the same stadium I visited once before and playing for the same goals but they just felt like a complete different club altogether. If not for the façade, I would have thought another club was playing at Old Trafford.

Even the signature Nike jersey has been changed. Out of the 11 players on the pitch, only 2 were from Fergie’s reign. It was difficult to feel any affinity with the entire squad. The type of football was completely different from the United I have known for the past 12 years watching them play.

At the end after the final whistle, they lost 2-1. Usually, I would feel disappointed for them but all that was left was indifference. Turned off the television and went to sleep, the club that I have strongly supported has now completely disappeared.

No comments: